Welcome to our School Council
We have an active school council who meet regularly to share ideas, give their views and consider whole school issues. representatives from Year 2 to 6 then collect ideas, take minutes and present these to the headteacher, who responds to their requests and ideas.
School council have had lots of good ideas:
- salad bar – Year 6 helped raise funds for this at their enterprise Fun Day in 2016
- starting a school bank
- working with staff to raise funds for reading huts and reading shelters
- new playground equipment – again helped by Year 6 Fun Day in 2017
- setting up the sports leaders – children work with KS1 pupils each day to encourage sport and games
- change in treat to Golden Day
- attending a Spennymoor School Forum to develop ideas for the local area, including for the local park
- choosing charities to raise money for
- Performing at the Educate and Celebrate conference
- working for Go Givers!
All the children enjoy being involved in lots of things in school:
- becoming buddies
- working with Dr Tom to become learning detectives – ask us about our Gem powers!
- Head Boy and Girl organise the caring cup winners each week
- collecting the family points
- helping organise the playground equipment
- being busy librarians!
- being busy gardeners!
- selling juice and cookies
- organising the bank
- being in charge if hymns in assembly
- giving out the fruit every day
- raising money for charity
- singing in church
- and lots more!