What do we want for your children in Early Years at North Park Primary School?
As children join our school in Nursery and/or Reception class, we work hard to ensure they settle in quickly and are supported to thrive. We love to see them exploring the environment and growing in confidence and independence – as they play, grow and learn together – and most of all have fun!
We aim to ensure that pupils in EYFS thrive and develop in order to:
- feel safe and confident to explore the learning environment
- have a love of reading and build vocabulary
- engage in a stimulating environment where they feel confident to spark and lead their own learning
- build strong, nurturing relationships with their peers and familiar adults in the classroom
- express their ideas, thoughts and feelings with growing confidence
- grow in independence and begin to develop their key skills across their learning
- work as part of a team in their play; learning to be kind, helpful and resilient.
- continue to learn classroom rules and behaviour expectations and key social skills
Our curriculum intent gives you information on prime and specific areas of learning:
The long term plans detail the key themes and topics we cover
Our medium term plans set out the learning across Nursery and Reception classes each term.
- Nursery Long Term Plan
- Nursery – Autumn 1 Me and My Family Planning Map
- Nursery Newsletter Autumn 1 2022
- Nursery – Autumn 2 Colours Planning Map
- Nursery – Spring 1 People Planning Map
- Spring 2 Nursery Rhymes Planning Map
- Nursery Spring 2 Medium Term Plan and parental information
- Nursery – Summer 1 – The Farm
- Nursery Summer 1 The Farm – Planning Map
- Nursery – Parent Letter – Summer 2
- Nursery planning – Summer 2 – Animals
- Nursery – Summer 2 Animals Planning Map
- Reception Long Term Overview
- Reception – key texts 2021 Long Term Plan
- Reception Autumn 1 Food and Feasts Planning Map
- Reception Autumn 2 Pets Planning Map
- Reception Planning – Spring 1 – Feelings and Emotions
- Reception Spring 2 The Pond Planning Map
- Summer 1 Journeys Planning Map (1)
- Reception – Summer 2 – Creepy Crawlies Planning Map
Click here to find out more information about EYFS on our Class Page
Look at the fun we have!
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.